2011-10-03

Bye bye Germany

Hello all,

Today is our last day in Germany and while I will miss the never ending supply of beer and sausage I will be glad to move on and see something new. We have been in Europe for nearly 2 weeks and with the exception of 4 days in Prague, we have spent the entire time in Germany. Tomorrow we move on to the Netherlands, then Belgium after that. Cologne was probably my favorite city we visited in Germany. There was lots to see and do, but we could actually walk from one side of the city to the other in about 45 minutes. I know this because this is what we did this morning. Although nothing was open today as it's German Unity Day. There was lots of drinking and partying yesterday that lasted until early this morning, however today seems to be rather dead. None of the shops are open and the streets were empty until late this afternoon.

In other news, Dave and I have both developed what seems to be a form of hives. Mine started in Berlin and were mostly on my arms, while Dave's started in Cologne and were mostly on his legs. Very strange, however after a short game of charades with a German pharmacist, I was able to obtain some form cream which worked well for me, and is now being used on Dave. I have been terrified of getting bed bugs but I looks like we got something different. Very thankful about that.

Other than that I guess I have not much else to say. Will keep you updated as we enter Amsterdam tomorrow!

Much love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment