2011-10-10

La Paris!

Dave and I have finally arrived in France! It only took 7 hours, 4 trains, 2 subways, a 10 minute walk in the wrong direction, then a 20 minute walk in the right direction. Our train arrived in the northern end of the city, and our hostel is in the southern end. We weren't able to see much of the city from the underground subway we had to take, but as soon as we got above ground, the first thing I saw was the Eiffel Tower on my right. It was a welcomed breath of fresh air after a day of traveling, and almost an hour of breathing underground subway air.

Our hostel is strange. The staff is unfriendly and there is a 'lockout' period for 5 hours during the day. Nobody seems to know why. However it forces Dave and I out on the town instead of reading on our bunks. Today we visited the Louvre. Or at least part of it. After a couple of hours we were so tired and hungry we had to split. There are some crazy things in that building. I saw with my own two eyes some things that were over 5000 years old. A little crowded in there though. There were about a billion people there to see the Mona Lisa. It's a great painting and all, but the massive, incredibly detailed painting on the opposing wall saw no love. Except for Dave and I. We tended to stick to the exhibits with less people around them, taking only a glimpse at things like the Mona Lisa. Tonight we have a supper date planned under the Eiffel tower. Ah la vie.

Anyway, Dave is itching for his phone back so we can book a new hostel and there is a full beer in front of me I have yet to drink. More later my friends.

Love Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment