2011-10-12

Life in Paris

I have been neglecting writing in this blog because I didn't want to admit the devastating news that happened yesterday. It appears as though our camera was stolen. I don't really know how this happened, but it seems to be the case. I don't even care about the camera itself, at this point I am just dying for that memory card. Tomorrow we visit Taryn and Bryan in Angers and the plan was to upload all of our pictures onto a memory stick, but it seems like we are a day shy of that. We are debating buying a new camera, or sticking to the one on Dave's phone. Either way, yesterday we took a hard hit. We've left our contact numbers and emails with the hostel, police and the areas 'objects trouvé' but as of now it doesn't look good.

Anyway, enough about that. Dave and I have found a new hostel. This one doesn't have a ridiculous, 5 hour lock out period and the staff is much nicer. They even had a Canadian shout out by playing some Alanis Morissette when we walked in. It's also nice to be in a different area of the city. Our last hostel was about a 15 minute walk from the Eiffel tower which was great. I'm not even sure where we are this time. Dave just told me what subway to get on. We haven't done a whole lot today. We checked out of our old hostel and went on another camera search before heading this way to this new, much better hostel. I think the plan is to go to Versailles and then later we are meeting Dave's uncle Gregg for supper and drinks. Yesterday we checked out Champs Élysées but it was freezing cold so we didn't stay long. The weather was been pretty cold and windy since leaving Germany. I used to head out in shorts and a tank top everyday, but now I am wearing jeans and a jacket. Lame.

Tomorrow we get to go visit Taryn and Bryan! We are very excited about that. It will be so nice to not have 10 other people in and out of our room all the time, turning on lights and watching TV in the middle of the night. We have gotten some good use out of our ear-plugs but sometimes it's just not enough. Alright. Time to shower and get on with this day.

Love Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your camera! that is terrible news :(

    This is what you do in Versailles: do the walkabout or whatever,but then get in a rowboat in that giant pond behind it. Do it. It's cheap and awesome. Also, very romantic :P

    Send my love to Taryn and Bryan!

    Looove, Jessica

    ReplyDelete