2011-10-04

It's 4am in Amsterdam. I'm lying on my top bunk in a dorm with 20 other people. Sarah and I spent the last two nights in a 6-bed dorm, but we were all alone. Oh how life was grand. With 20 people, there is always somebody snoring, somebody shuffling through a noisy bag, somebody coughing. Someone near me blew their nose while I was typing that sentence. Adding to this nighttime entertainment is the motorcycle traffic out our open window or occasional blarings of window-rolled-down techno music. Okay, I should stop complaining. The city is fun. Our location is awesome. We are a two-minute walk from the red-light district, which is a lot less seedy than I'd expected. Single male tourists are all so happy here. Well I guess I should put away my iPhone, put in my earplugs and try and get more sleep so that I'm not a mess in the morning. -Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment