2011-09-29

Hello my gangsters, Dave here.

As Sarah mentioned above, we find ourselves back in Germany.  Berlin to be specific.  It smells like food here, all the time, everywhere I go.  It's nice, because the food is cheap - and the beer is cheaper.  Yesterday I was paying 1.20 Euros per 500 mL bottle of Beck's, and I was told I was being ripped off.  Oh what a feeling.

The luxurious life we were living in Prague seems to be over.  Instead of sharing a private mansion of a room, Sarah and I are bunking with strangers.  But it's probably for the best.  Now we're being forced into meeting other people, and that's been good.  Last night we shot shit with a fella from Frankfurt and a guy from Turkey for most of the evening.  We spoke mostly of our cultural differences, but there are plenty of similarities too.  These guys know everything about our pop culture.  Weird.  Then we met some fellow canucks.  Being able to vent about the weirdness of being in such a different place was a sigh of relief.  They're brothers from BC, and really funny guys.  We may go out on the town to party with them tonight.

Mostly I'm learning about how ridiculously expensive everything in Canada is, and how needlessly strict a lot of our laws and customs are.  Europeans find our drinking in public laws insane, and I can't blame them.  Even though everybody walks around with beer here, I see fewer drunken stumblies walking around than I do in Halifax.  I haven't figured that one out yet.

Anyway, the 'Y' key on the keyboard here is where the 'Z' key lies at home, and it's starting to tilt me.  So I'm ending this now.  Besides, I have to go see about a wall.

-Dave






No comments:

Post a Comment